- April 15, 2019
- Posted by: The Removalist Logistics
- Category: cargo, Door to door delivery, General, Last Mile delivery, parcel
WHAT IS OUTSOURCING?
Outsourcing is the process of bringing in a third party company to complete one aspect of your business. Often times, the third party company has an expertise in this specific area and alleviates the function so you can focus on your expertise.
Outsourcing can be a strategic option that allows you to reduce costs, reduce investment in capital expenditures for additional machinery, reduce in-house training for staff, and better utilize your resources.
When it comes to running a successful business, there are many good entrepreneurial qualities that can assist, including passion, adaptability, and risk taking. There is also one other skill that is essential: delegation. Learning to delegate is a must for business and your business will struggle to grow without it.
One such area where delegation can really help a business is delivery. If you are unsure, here are the benefits of outsourcing and using a professional courier service.
- REDUCING SHIPPING COST: If you currently operate your own small fleet of delivery vehicles, then you will know how expensive shipping can be. In addition to buying vehicles, expenses also include wages, fuel and upkeep costs. Using a courier could save a small business a lot of money, boosting cash flow and ultimately, helping your company to grow.
- INSURANCE AND PROTECTION: When shipping items yourself, the responsibility is on your shoulders, meaning that you as a business owner have the pay costs if an item does not arrive or is damaged. However, by outsourcing to a courier, your shipments are covered by their insurance. This reduces your risk and allows you to claim back any monies lost.
- FASTER DELIVER : As experts, a professional courier can offer faster and more reliable services than a small business fulfilling their own shipping. With expedited and next-day options, using a courier could help you to attract more customers, helping your small company to increase its sales.
- SERVICE AND RELIABILITY: You may be operating as a solopreneur or else only have a small handful of staff. Unfortunately, there are only so many hours in the day, so you cannot always be available to customers. A courier solves this issue. With dedicated customer service teams, automatic updates and delivery notifications, they can offer faster, more reliable services and increase your customer satisfaction.
- GOING GLOBAL: Depending on what stage your business is at, you may be considering expanding overseas. Going global presents many challenges, with shipping being just one. Managing this on your own is a huge task, particularly as it requires knowledge of customs and exports. Outsourcing can save you a lot of time, stress and hassle, while providing an efficient service, helping you to take your business international. Outsourcing your business shipping needs to a courier has many benefits, helping your company to save money, increase cash flow and even grow. With a huge network already in place, a courier is also fast and reliable, helping to better the customer experience.
After all written it is important to contact a reliable logistics company like ours for your last mile deliver. We are fast and reliable, we are the purple company.